- Ace Books: 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014; Susan Allison, Editor-in-Chief.
- Aio Publishing Company, LLC: Tiffany Jonas, Editorial Director. P.O. Box 30788, Charleston, SC 29417. "Our books focus on the humanity in science fiction, not on the technology.We prefer a sociological, psychological, or political emphasis, with all the intrigue that can come with it."
- Avon Books, (Avon Eos, SF & F): 1350 Avenue of the Americas, Room 231, New York, NY 10019; Attn: Avon Editorial.
- Baen Books: P.O. Box 1403; Riverdale, NY 10471. Science fiction and fantasy publisher.
- Bantam Spectra Books: 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036; Anne Lesley Groell, Editor. No unsolicited mss. Agented queries and mss. only.
- Bella Books: P.O. Box 10543, Tallahassee, FL 32302; Tel: (800) 729-4992. Publishes titles by and about lesbians: "General lesbian fiction, romance, mystery/thriller, sci-fi/fantasy, and erotica."
- Berkley Publishing Group: 200 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016. Submit through agent only.
- Black Moon Publishing: Armand Rosamilia, 1385 Route 35, Suite 169, Middletown, NJ 07748. Poetry, fiction, interviews, music. Horror. 180 pp.; 51/2x81/2. Reporting time: 2-4 months. Payment: negotiable. Copyrights for author.
- Broken Mirrors Press: Bryan Cholfin, PO Box 1110, New York, NY 10159-1110. Founded 1998. Fiction: "I am looking for science fiction and fantasy short stories, demonstrating the highest levels of imagination and style, prefer 3-8000 words." Avg. press run 2500. Reporting time less than 1 month. Payment 10cents/wd. Format: 6X9, offset.
- Bull Spec: Bull Spec is a magazine of speculative fiction -- roughly, science fiction, fantasy, slipstream, and a few other bits around the edges -- published quarterly from Durham, North Carolina.
- Circlet Press: 1770 Mass. Ave, #278; Cambridge, MA 02140. Cecilia Tan, Editor. Small press specializing in high quality fantasy and science fiction erotica.
- Dark Regions Press: Mike Olson, Joe Morey, 30 Canyon View Drive, Orinda, CA 94563. Publishes DARK REGIONS: The Year's Best Fantastic Fiction.
- DAW Books: 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014; Peter Stampfel, Submission Editor.
- Del Rey Books: 201 E. 50th Street, New York, NY 10022. Veronica Chapman and Steve Saffel, Sr. Eds. Query with outline and 3 sample chapters.
- DNA Publications, Inc.: Warren Lapine & Angela Kessler, Editors, PO Box 2988, Radford, VA 24143-2988; Tel: 540-763-2925; E-mail: email@example.com. Poetry and fiction. Avg. press run 2M. Payment: 8-15%, plus advance. Copyrights for author.
- EDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing: (now including Tesseract books). P.O. Box 1714; Calgary, AB; T2P 2L7 Canada. Book publisher.
- Etaoin Shrdlu Press: John Thiel, Editor, Fandom House, 30 N. 19th St., Lafayette, IN 47904. Poetry, fiction, art, articles, photos, criticism, reviews, letters, non-fiction. “Science fiction, fantasy, and science only.” Avg. press run 100. Payment: none.
- Fairwood Press: Patrick & Honna Swenson, Editors & Publishers, 5203 Quincy Avenue SE, Auburn, WA 98092. Publishers of Talebones magazine. No unsolicited manuscripts. Send query letter, but new works are not being acquired by the submission process presently.
- Gothic Press: Gary Crawford, Editor, 1701 Lobdell Ave., No. 32, Baton Rouge, LA 70806. Tel: 225-925-2917; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Poetry, fiction, criticism, long-poems. Horror, gothic, or dark fantasy. Avg. press run: 300.
- Gryphon Books: Gary Lovisi, Editor, PO Box 209, Brooklyn, NY 11228-0209. Publishes "numerous books on a variety of subjects dealing with paperback collecting, pulp magazines, detective fiction, science fiction, and fantasy, Sherlock Holmes—in fiction and non-fiction." No unsolicited mss—send only query letters describing project.
- Kayleighbug Books/Scrybe Press: General Email: email@example.com. Nathan Barker, Editor; firstname.lastname@example.org. Publishers of Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Horror. No poetry. Both standard print format and e-books. Usual print run: ~1000 copies. Best length, 10-20k wds, but will consider up to 150k. Unsolicited mss only from professionals; others query with synopsis.
- LUNA Books: Mary-Theresa Hussey, Executive Editor, LUNA Books, 233 Broadway, Ste. 1001, New York, NY 10279. Tel: 212-553-4200. Division of Harlequin. Romance novels with SF/F/H element.
- Mayapple Press: P.O. Box 5473; Saginaw, MI 48603-0473. Judith Kerman, Publisher. Books of poetry. Interested in both mainstream and genre work, with a particular focus on Great Lakes Regional poetry and poetry by women. Publisher of Uncommonplaces: Poems of the Fantastic, edited by Judith Kerman and Don Riggs, and Blues for Port City by David Lunde.
- Ocean View Books: Lee Ballentine, Editor, Jennifer MacGregor, Editor, PO Box 9249, Denver, CO 80209. Email: email@example.com. Poetry, criticism, long-poems. "…we tend to publish new surrealist, innovative, and speculative poetry and criticism and their fellow travelers. Original material only." No unsolicited mss, but open to queries. Avg. press run: 600.
- Ralan's POD / Small Press Listing: P.O.D. publishers & small press publishers who specialize in horror & speculative fiction.
- Rising Tide Press: P.O. Box 30457, Tucson, AZ 85751; Tel: (800) 311-3565; www.risingtidepress.com. "RTP exists to serve and document the ascendancy of women-in their personal lives and in their public roles within society." Heterosexual and lesbian adventure, fantasy, mystery, science fiction,
non-fiction, and romance.
- Small Beer Press: Gavin J. Grant, Small Beer Press, 176 Prospect Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060. Tel: 413-584-7021; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Small press, in addition to novels, chapbooks and short story collections, SBP also publishes Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet. Currently not accepting unsolicited novel and short story collection mss.
- Tolling Bell Books: Lea Thomas, Editor, 5430 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Ste. 111, Norcross, GA 30093. Tel: 866-881-4668; Fax: 770-448-0130; E-mail: email@example.com. “Do not call regarding manuscript submission. See our website for genres accepted, submission requirements, and/or how to email a query.” Avg. press run: 1-1.5M. Reporting time: 3 months. Payment: varies. Does not copyright for author. Subjects: Children, Youth, Fiction, Mystery, Science Fiction.
- Tor Books: 175 Fifth Avenue; New York, NY 10010. Publishes mainstream and genre work.
- Triumvirate Publications: Victor Chernozemsky, Publisher, 497 West Avenue 44, Los Angeles, CA 90065-3917, Tel/Fax: 818-340-6770, E-mail: Triumpub@aol.com. "Publisher of genre fiction: Science Fiction/Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller/Suspense, Horror/Occult, Adventure." Avg. press run: 8M. Simultaneous submissions accepted. Copyrights for author. Payment trade standard.
- TSR, Inc.: Work for hire. Game-related, shared world fantasy novels. See submissions info at: www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/main/submissions.
- Unnameable Press: Jame A. Riley, Publisher, 1883 Cambria Ave. NW, Atlanta, GA; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; for additional information. “...the premier publisher of dark fantasy, limited edition books in the Southeastern U.S.” Has published Ray Bradbury, Michael Bishop, Orson Scott Card, Charles L. Grant, Gene Wolfe, Jane Yolen, etc..
- Urban Legend Press: Mark McLaughlin, Editor & Publisher, PO Box 4737, Davenport, IA 52808. “Writers must query before submitting book projects.” Avg. press run: 750-1M. 60-92 pages. Reporting time: 2-3 months. Payment: varies. Subjects: Arts, Dada, Fantasy, Gay, Humor, Reviews, Science Fiction, Short Stories, Surrealism.
- Wheatland Press: Deborah Layne, Publisher and Fiction Editor; Jay Lake, Fiction Co-Editor; P.O. Box 1818, Wilsonville, OR 97070. Publishers of the Polyphony anthology series as well as other books.